The overall goal of CleanAir is to develop Villinger's unique LEA™ disinfection technology into a market-ready and certified product for serial production and distribution. The plan is to adapt the system to different conditions and sizes to meet the varying needs of medical facilities and their users, and to install it in different types of examination and treatment rooms. This will help protect doctors and their patients from Covid-19 infections, as well as from other hospital germs that have been known for many decades and can also cause serious illness or patient death.
To achieve this goal over the life of the CleanAir project, the following specific, clear, measurable, and realistic objectives will be pursued:
- Development of basic features and initial designs of the CleanAir system for efficient removal of pathogenic aerosol particles.
- Prototypes and near-series systems
- Performance of tests on the safety and effectiveness of the system
- Conduct tests of the CleanAir device for rapid, effective, and complete inactivation of pathogenic aerosols with particular emphasis on virus aerosols (Sars Cov-2) from indoor air.
- Design and prototype development of air disinfection devices for use in 3 different medical applications (doctors' offices, including waiting rooms, patient rooms in hospitals, dental offices)
- Performance of all conformity assessments and audits required for market entry (CE and FDA)
- Preparation of the marketing strategy for the innovative CleanAir devices
- Execution of the necessary pre-sales activities
- Pilot installations at selected customer sites to test user preferences
- improvement and finalization of the business and sales plan
- Promotion of the project innovation and CleanAir devices at conferences, events, trade shows, and through publications
- Achieving market readiness of the CleanAir devices within 24 months.